-

-

Monday, January 7, 2013

Races and Coaching for 2013

So, like many of you ... I have been thinking about my race calendar for 2013.  Normally, I would be signing up for all sorts of events prior to December 31, prior to rate increases.  Not this year.  I'm not on my game.  But, it's been on my mind, as I've been setting schedules for my couch to 5K groups.  I'm looking forward to helping many, many people start their journeys this year.  I will be coaching close to fifty women this spring alone.

Are you racing any of these events???

January 19 - Icebreaker Indoor Half Marathon, Milwaukee, WI
March 17 - Shamrock Shuffle, Madison, WI (Coaching)
April 13 - American Cancer Society 10K, Madison, WI (Coaching)
April 27 - Crazylegs Classic 8K, Madison, WI
May 4 - Lake Monona 5K, Monona, WI (Coaching)
May 26 - Med City Marathon, Rochester, MN (Ambassador)
June 8 - Ludington Lakestride Half Marathon, Ludington, MI (Ambassador)

Serving as an ambassador in Rochester and Ludington this summer, I'm looking forward to exploring some new communities and sites - on foot. These are two places I have not yet visited.  Stay tuned for more information on these events.

2 comments:

  1. I plan on doing the Half in Ludington! I have done it 2 times now and the 5k once. I had to skip it last year--my big brother got married on the same day! :)
    It's a great race--very scenic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This has totally motivated me to plan out my year of races!
    I know I want to try a trail 5K as I have only done road races. I will be doing the Hospital Hill 10K run in Kansas City in June.

    ReplyDelete